Early Childhood Community Health Worker
Bastrop County Cares- Scope of Work for Early Childhood Community Health Worker
Job Classification: Contracted position
Compensation: $500 per month, 10 hours per week
Reports to: Director of Early Childhood Programs
Certification: Willingness and commitment to go through training to become a Certified Community Health worker through a state certification
An individual with a deep desire to engage parents and caregivers to participate in activities with the Bastrop County Early Childhood Coalition, including initiatives, sub-committee work, and home visiting programs. Also, to facilitate delivery of information, parenting tips, community agency referrals, resource connections, and support to parents and caregivers of young children in order to improve outcomes for vulnerable children under5 or entering kindergarten and their families. Resumes and inquiries to be sent to: Veronika@bastropcares.org
Key activities include:
● Liaison with Bastrop County Cares staff and parents recruited to
programs and initiatives using a warm hand-off method to new home
visiting staff or committee members.
● Perform an active role in the Bastrop County Early Childhood
Coalition (ECC) by encouraging other parent voices in the community
to participate in all ECC meetings, committee meetings, initiatives,
community outreach, and projects.
● Support and facilitate families’ participation in the home visiting
programs and Early Childhood Coalition as a whole.
● Inform Director of Early Childhood Programs and Program Managers
of needed materials, activities, and resources requested by newly
● Provide community outreach, interacting with parents and children in
community settings and attending community events to promote
services provided in the community for children and families.
● Build positive relationships with children, parents and service
● Engage parents and caregivers to play an active role in all aspects of
the Early Childhood Coalition and its community partners, including
implementing parent forums and volunteer opportunities.
● To ensure all families in the area receive regular information about
community partner services and activities.
● To ensure that the needs of children and families from different racial,
cultural and religious communities are identified and to ensure
equality of opportunity in the services provided.
● To contribute to all team, operational, governance and other meetings
as appropriate, producing reports as necessary.
● To provide detailed records for all outreach work undertaken and to
provide comprehensive reports for other professionals on the work
● Follow all BCC policies and procedures as required and CHW
● Other duties as assigned.
● Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the
● Applicants must be a current or former parent of young children.
● Experience working with children and parents.
● Applicants must be willing to work as a team, solve problems, and
can organize information.
● Familiar with Google, Facebook, Gmail, etc.
● Experience and sensitivity in working with multicultural communities
with diverse backgrounds.
Job Type : Part-time