Project Coordinator- Equity Initiatives
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Starting Salary: $3500
Hours Per Week: No less than 40 hours per week. Full time non-exempt position. Full time
Reports to: Dr. Patricia A. Alford and Krystal Grimes,
Send resume or letter of interest to - firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
BCC is seeking a dynamic individual to work closely with two Program Directors (Resilient
Bastrop County Initiative and BCACH (Bastrop County Cares Accountable Communities for
Health) in creating comprehensive action plans concerning support services, resources,
and timeframes for each project. Additionally to perform various coordinating duties such
as scheduling and risk management.
The individual must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work from a deep
understanding of the social determinants of health, and eliminate barriers to equity for
community residents. Program information about each initiative is provided below. The
ideal candidate is professional, approachable, energetic and supports teamwork; possess
excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to learn along the way.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate effective organizational and time
management skill sets as well and work independently with minimum supervision and
with a team.
Candidates should have two years of professional experience preferably in administration
and/or non profit environments. This position is a full-time position to be located in
Bastrop County. Present office location is in Bastrop, Texas. Office Hours are
Monday-Friday during business hours, with flexible work-from-home options.
Bastrop County Cares (BCC), is a non-profit intermediary organization whose mission is to
bring people together in Bastrop County to collaborate around large community
challenges that no one organization can solve on its own to improve the conditions
where our neighbors live, work, play, pray and learn. Appointment Period : This is a
full-time position, eligible for benefits and typically works daytime hours, but may be
required to work evenings, weekends, and or holidays.
40% Support for the Resilience Initiative
● Project assistance with development of communication materials, agendas, meeting
notes, project scheduling, and email communication
● Attend community meetings, conferences and assigned training opportunities as a
representative of RBCI
● Assist in the development and implementation of community engagement and
● Document management; project file set up, maintenance and archiving
● Organize meetings and make travel arrangements as needed, meeting notes and
● Participate in RBCI meetings and provide feedback on program plans and outcomes
● Engage in community activities to build rapport with community residents
40% Support for the Accountable Communities for Health Initiative (BCACH)
● Support BCACH Program Director in organizing place-based projects that focus largely
on social determinants of health and resulting policy, systems and environmental
● Support Program Director in coordinating work activities that have
multiple intervention and measurement strategies and priorities.
● Support BCACH Director in accomplishing and evaluating projects to develop
● Participate in BCACH community and staff meetings.
● Coordinate and schedule BCACH meetings with community, local Independent School
Districts, colleges, universities, public and community health or other equivalent
allied health professions in underserved/underrepresented areas.
● Manage program related paperwork by ensuring all necessary materials are current,
properly reported or filed and stored.
● Organize, schedule, participate, and note taking in BCACH meetings (Using multiple
● Facilitate, participate and or plan community outreach activities w/CHWs, community
and or partners.
20% Community Outreach
● Build relationships with community, co-workers & team members in order to provide a
high level of customer service and continually improve team member satisfaction
● Produce meeting and event marketing materials with director’s support
● Submit purchase orders and manage office supplies, specialty supplies and kitchen
● Meeting invites, set up zoom, thank yous, engagement activities, reminders and other
● Participate in BCC Staff huddles/Retreats.
● Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Ability to give meticulous attention to detail and quality
● Consistent communication skills and ability to get tasks completed in a timely,
● Flexibility and problem solving skills
● Minimum 2 years of experience
● Must have a ‘can-do’ attitude and willingness to take on a variety of tasks
● Strong organization, time management, and prioritization skills
● Presents a strong professional and business acumen
● Embrace working with multiple cultures, social economic groups and diverse
● Knowledge of technology and specific programs
BCACH- Bastrop Accountable Communities for Health Initiative Background and Goal:
(BCACH)“Bastrop County Accountable Communities for Health” refers to multi-sector
partnerships anchored in a specific community/county that work to execute a shared
vision for addressing county-wide social determinants of health by addressing issues
through a framework of shared responsibility and accountability.
Bastrop County Cares brings people together to collaborate around large community
challenges that no one organization can solve on its own to improve the conditions where our
neighbors live, work, pray and play.
Bastrop County Cares achieves its mission through a variety of community
partnerships and coalitions that bring together individuals and public, private, faith-based,
and nonprofit organizations and institutions committed to creating the best Bastrop County.
Our work must embody our core values of equity, inclusion, respect, trust, courage, and
kindness. Every voice is important, Every voice needs to be heard, Every voice needs to be
listened to and Everyone engages with respect.
OUR TOP 5 PRIORITY AREAS: (Strategic Levers)
1. Address Social Determinants of Health
2. Community Collaboration
3. Access to Career Training
4. Social Connectivity
5. Access to community supports & resources Information
Resilient Bastrop County Initiative:
(RBCI) is a collective of community stakeholders, engaged in assessing, planning and
implementing strategies to become a more equitable and healthy community that supports
resilience, thriving, mental health and wellbeing. RBCI is a multi-year initiative funded by the
Hogg Foundation for Mental Health, working to achieve community resilience through
prioritization of the areas below.
MISSION: The Resilient Bastrop County Initiative builds bridges of connection to resources
and support while standing together to promote health, well-being and systems change in
our community for all generations to thrive.
VISION: We envision a Bastrop County where all residents thrive as a result of engagement
and equitable access to resources and support.
OUR TOP 5 PRIORITY AREAS: (Strategic Levers)
1. Social Connectivity
2. Access & Collaboration
3. Information Dissemination
4. Policies & Practices
5. Mental Health Stigma
Applicant Materials/Inquiries and Closing Dates
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter detailing their interest and why they are a
good candidate for this position. A current resume with a list of 3 professional references is
required. Interested applicants can contact email@example.com or via phone at
512-412-6111 with questions.
Ethical Behaviors and Guiding Principles of Bastrop County Cares:
● We show a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work
environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
● We always demonstrate ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that
your own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards
and aligns with the values of the organization.
● We establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both
internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
● We speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using
appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
● We look for opportunities to improve the operations of the organization.
● We work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems,
and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
● We seek to positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best
interest of the organization.
● We assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make
clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
● We determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and
implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
● We assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant
information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or
resolve the problem.
● We think strategically by assessing options and actions based on trends and
conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organization.
● We seek first to understand before asking to be understood.
Job Type : Full-Time